Refutation of the group Tolu e Islam (Founded by GA Pervez) and any Koranites/ Quranites group
"Say, If you love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you, your sins. Allah is oft-forgiving and merciful." 3.38 Follow who? Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) That should be enough for you to follow him and believe in him, if you need more read on.
This group does not believe in the validity of hadith as part of the sacred law, they claim that the Quran is enough for them to follow. The founder GA Pervez challenged the scholars claiming that the hadith itself was not valid for a source of sacred law. He claimed that the hadith has varying degrees of unreliability because of a particular verse, we will go through each time that they claimed something and prove that it does not mean what it literally says or how they understand it.
Proof for the Validity of all the compulsory prayers, to reject these all leads to disbelief, be careful! Asr “Guard your prayers and the middle prayer.” (2.238)
Isha - Fajr -Zhur and Magrib “So glorify Allah when you enter the night and when you enter the morning. Unto him be praise in the Heavens and the Earth and the suns decline and at noon.” (30.17-18) Allah also says, “Worship at fixed times has been enjoined on the believers.” (4.103)
The article is here http://www.freewebs.com/tawhiyd/hadiythexposed.htm
I would like to go through every instance that the word Hadith comes in the Quran.
Like any word in Arabic it has many meanings from the Hans Wehr dictionary, (spelt with ha, daal, ya and Tha), speech, chat, conversation, discussion, interview, prattle, gossip, report, account, tale, narrative and the last one is Prophetic tradition.
We also need to understand something the context because if that is not understood then the whole sentence can be is misunderstood. This I feel is the area that has been misunderstood by this group.
The following the Quranic reference and the meaning of the word hadith in the Ayat.
39.23 the best of speech
12.111 Here is refers to the Story of Yusuf (upon him peace) not being invented
45.6 This refers to discourse
31.6 this one also refers to the discourse of men
77.50 this refers to the Quran
52.34 It refers to the Quran again
They also claim that the Quranic ayah 17.24 say that you should only call with the Quran. How they understand it is that only the Quran should be used a source for sacred law.
Lets look at different translations of the same line.
"And We place upon their hearts veils lest they should understand it, and in their ears a deafness; and when thou makest mention of thy Lord alone in the Qur'an, they turn their backs in aversion."
"And We have put coverings over their hearts lest, they should understand it (the Quran), and in their ears deafness. And when you make mention of your Lord Alone (La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) Islamic Monotheism ()) in the Quran, they turn on their backs, fleeing in extreme dislikeness."
"And We put coverings over their hearts (and minds) lest they should understand the Qur'an, and deafness into their ears: when thou dost commemorate thy Lord and Him alone in the Qur'an, they turn on their backs, fleeing (from the Truth). "
"And We have placed coverings on their hearts and a heaviness in their ears lest they understand it, and when you mention your Lord alone in the Quran they turn their backs in aversion."
Your Lord is one, not use the Quran alone as they state it is.
Does the Quran wish us to follow the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)? Yes.
This should be enough evidence. “(O Muhammad, to mankind): if ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, merciful.” Ahl-Imran 3, Verse 31
There are nineteen times that obedience of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is stated in the Quran by Allah Subhanu wa ta’ala
1) “The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and his angels and his scriptures and his messengers - We make no distinction between any of his messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.” Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #285)
2) “Say: obey Allah and the messenger. But if they turn away, lo! Allah loveth not the disbelievers (in his guidance).” Ahl Al-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #32)
3) “These are the limits (imposed by) Allah. Whoso obeyeth Allah and his messenger, He will make him enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow, where such will dwell for ever. That will be the great success.” An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #13)
4) “and whoso disobeyeth Allah and his messenger and transgresseth his limits, He will make him enter Fire, where he will dwell for ever; his will be a shameful doom.” An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #14)
5) “They ask thee (O Muhammad) of the spoils of war. Say: The spoils of war belong to Allah and the messenger, so keep your duty to Allah, and adjust the matter of your difference, and obey Allah and his messenger, if ye are (true) believers.” Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #1)
6) “O ye who believe! obey Allah and his messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).” Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #20)
7) “O ye who believe! obey Allah, and the messenger when He calleth you to that which quickeneth you, and know that Allah cometh in between the man and his own heart, and that He it is unto Whom ye will be gathered.” Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #24)
8) “and obey Allah and his messenger, and dispute not one with another lest ye falter and your strength depart from you; but be steadfast! Lo! Allah is with the steadfast.” Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #46)
9) “and the believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another; they enjoin the right and forbid the wrong, and they establish worship and they pay the poor-due, and they obey Allah and his messenger. As for these, Allah will have mercy on them. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.” At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #71)
10) “The saying of (all true) believers when they appeal unto Allah and his messenger to judge between them is only that they say: We hear and we obey. and such are the successful.” An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #51)
11) “He who obeyeth Allah and his messenger, and feareth Allah, and keepeth duty (unto Him): such indeed are the victorious.” An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #52)
12) “and stay in your houses. Bedizen not yourselves with the bedizenment of the Time of Ignorance. Be regular in prayer, and pay the poor-due, and obey Allah and his messenger. Allah's wish is but to remove uncleanness far from you, O Folk of the Household, and cleanse you with a thorough cleansing.” Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #33)
13) “On the day when their faces are turned over in the Fire, they say: Oh, would that we had obeyed Allah and had obeyed his messenger!” Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #66)
14) “He will adjust your works for you and will forgive you your sins. Whosoever obeyeth Allah and his messenger, he verily hath gained a signal victory.” Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #71)
15) “There is no blame for the blind, nor is there blame for the lame, nor is there blame for the sick (that they go not forth to war). and whoso obeyeth Allah and his messenger, He will make him enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow; and whoso turneth back, him will He punish with a painful doom.” Al-Fath, Chapter #48, Verse #17)
16) “The wandering Arabs say: We believe. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Ye believe not, but rather say "We submit," for the faith hath not yet entered into your hearts. Yet, if ye obey Allah and his messenger, He will not withhold from you aught of (the reward of) your deeds. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” Al-Hujraat, Chapter #49, Verse #14)
17) “Fear ye to offer alms before your conference? Then, when ye do it not and Allah hath forgiven you, establish worship and pay the poor-due and obey Allah and his messenger. and Allah is Aware of what ye do.” Al-Mujadila, Chapter #58, Verse #13)
18) “Obey Allah and obey his messenger; but if ye turn away, then the duty of Our messenger is only to convey (the message) plainly.” At-Taghabun, Chapter #64, Verse #12)
19) “Mine is) but conveyance (of the Truth) from Allah, and his messages; and whoso disobeyeth Allah and his messenger, lo! his is fire of hell, wherein such dwell for ever.” Al-Jinn, Chapter #72, Verse #23)
All these are Quranic quotes.
Sincere advice, do not play games with your afterlife. If a person is lazy and does not want to do something just admit that you're lazy. Do not make things up and then try to justify your own opinion by twisting the words of the Quran.
We only know Allah Subhanu wa ta'ala thru his Messengers deny the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) and you deny the message. Then on the day of judgement when you are begging for mercy then you'll get the message.
You still have time; get your house into order. Follow a madhab and an Aqida school and save yourself from incorrect views.
34.28 "We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind but most of know not."
1. Hans wehr dictionary Arabic – English ed. JM Cowan 1976 p.161
Lindsay Logan -
4 months ago